A comprehensive approach to Bariatric Surgery
Posted Sunday 19 September 2021 | Mater Health
Join Mater Private Hospital Townsville for dinner and a comprehensive evening education program around Bariatric Surgery, presented by Mater's General and Bariatric Surgeons Dr Sam Baker and Dr Scott Whiting, supported by the team from North Queensland Minimally Invasive Surgery (NQMIS).
6pm-6.30pm: Arrival and registration
6.30pm-6.40pm: Welcome and dinner service
- How can we help? Indications for bariatric surgery.
- What comes next? Preoperative journey.
- What should I be thinking? The psychology of obesity.
- The who, why, what, and how of bariatric procedures.
- What are our results?
- What can I eat now? Micronutrients and vitamins post-surgery.
- What else can we do? Pharmaceutical adjuncts.
- Options for revision.
Last updated: Tuesday 14 September 2021
8pm-8.30pm: Questions and close