Stronger Smarter Yarns for Life early suicide prevention training is being held on 13 November 2019 from 8.30am-3.30pm at Jubilee Community Centre.
Do you provide services to the Isaac Region or service Isaac residence in Mackay?
Then this course is subsidised by Queensland Government for you to attend – cost $44 per person.
Well being is affected by events that happen in our ordinary day to day lives, as well as significant stressful events that occur, grief, loss, relationship breakdowns, physical ill-health and more.
This course is for everyone, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and non-indigenous people, learn the skills and make a difference.
Enhance your cultural knowledge and understanding of social determinant impacts.
Course hours can be lodged as CPD.
- Prevalence of mental health and suicide generally and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Strengths based approach to social support and suicide prevention Understanding the unique factors contributing to the thoughts of suicide for Indigenous people
- Skills and knowledge to identify signs and debunk social myths
- Tailored Indigenous mental health yarns planning tools
- Suitable referral services, supports and resources.
Expression of Interest: Phone Vicky 0491 351 597 or Cherie 0457 837 957