HealthPathways is a web-based information portal supporting primary care clinicians to plan patient care through primary, community and secondary health care systems. It is like a ‘care map’, so that all members of a health care team – whether they work in a hospital or the community – can be on the same page when it comes to looking after a particular person.
HealthPathways is designed to be used at the point of care, primarily for General Practitioners, but also for hospital specialists, nurses, allied health and other health professionals. HealthPathways are constantly updated and reviewed in light of changing evidence, technology and local circumstances.
HealthPathways aims to:
- encourage collaboration
- improve the health experience
- identify appropriate referral pathways
- ensure correct pre-referral tests are completed
- reduce the time patients spend on waiting lists
- enhance the quality of referrals to minimise rejection
- enhance clinical knowledge and promote best practice
- ensure the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
Clinicians are invited to suggest new pathways and to provide feedback and advice on existing local pathways.
HealthPathways – Far North Queensland (FNQ)
For further enquiries email: FNQhealthpathways@health.qld.gov.au
HealthPathways – Townsville
For further enquiries email: healthpathwaysTSV@health.qld.gov.au