NQPHN works closely with local communities in a diverse and sparse geographic region to identify unique health needs and coordinate service providers to collaborate and identify suitable solutions.
The key population health priorities for NQPHN include:
- maternal and child health
- chronic disease management and prevention
- sexual health
- healthy ageing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- multicultural health.
Objectives of population health priorities are to:
- address the needs of North Queensland communities to lower the number of preventable hospitalisations for people with chronic and vaccine preventable diseases
- provide residents with quality care by supporting health care providers to address factors impacting population health
- generate longer-term improvements to health outcomes for all population groups in the NQPHN region.
28 SepLive webcast 28/09/2021 7.00pm- 8.30pm Online Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, Aged care workers, Health workers, Nurse practitioners, Nurses, Primary care nurses, Primary Health Nurses