NQPHN works closely with local communities in a diverse and sparse geographic region to identify unique health needs and coordinate service providers to collaborate and identify suitable solutions.
The key population health priorities for NQPHN include:
- maternal and child health
- chronic disease management and prevention
- sexual health
- healthy ageing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- multicultural health.
Objectives of population health priorities are to:
- address the needs of North Queensland communities to lower the number of preventable hospitalisations for people with chronic and vaccine preventable diseases
- provide residents with quality care by supporting health care providers to address factors impacting population health
- generate longer-term improvements to health outcomes for all population groups in the NQPHN region.
24 JanCommunity of Practice 24/01/2022 12.00pm- 1.30pm Online Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, Child protection and disability workers, Child safety staff, Community-based child and youth focused organisations, Healthcare professionals, Indigenous peoples' organisations