What you need to know
- The art competition is opened to all people between the ages of 12–18 years who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and who live in the NQPHN region. There are two categories in the competition this year:
- junior competition: open to young people aged 12-14 years
- senior competition: open to young people aged 15-18 years.
- The competition is open to young people 12–18 years, but those under 18 years must have the permission of a parent or a guardian to enter.
- Current employees and directors of NQPHN are not permitted to enter.
- While the copyright of the artwork and image remains with the entrant, the entrant grants NQPHN and any other public or private agency (authorised by NQPHN) the use and rights of the image in promotional publications, and other media, without compensation.
- NQPHN is not responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected entries.
- All artwork must be submitted through the online submission form.
- The artwork must incorporate a theme relevant to Connection to Country, and be accompanied by an appropriate story/background.
- Entries must be entirely your own original work and must not breach any copyright or third party rights. NQPHN will not be made partially or fully liable for any non-original work submitted by you. All entries must be suitable for publication for NQPHN and public viewing. The design must not include any defamatory, offensive, or unlawful content.
- If you wish to enter this competition you must provide NQPHN with your full name, age, current residential address, mobile number, and email address. NQPHN will only use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- All entrants consent to NQPHN using the winning artwork for publicity and promotion, including the name of the winning entrant, background, and the story behind the artwork. This may include, but is not limited to, media interviews, social media posts, and photographs.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- The deadline for receiving entries for the competition has been extended to 11.59pm on Sunday 15 August 2021. NQPHN reserves the right to extend the competition deadline at its discretion. If there is a revision, the revised date will be made public and the date for announcing the result will be postponed accordingly.
- The winners for each category will be chosen by independent judges selected by NQPHN. NQPHN’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries will be judged on the below criteria.
A strong, imaginative Indigenous artwork which:
- conveys the theme of Connection to Country
- can be reproduced easily on print/online.
- In each category, the first place winners will receive a prize consisting of an Apple iPad Pro 11” 128GB Wi-Fi AND an Apple Pencil valued at $1,398 at centre/location nominated by NQPHN. The second place winners will receive a prize consisting of a $500 voucher for art supplies. The third place winners will receive a prize consisting of a $250 voucher for art supplies.
- The prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred or transferred.
- NQPHN does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants must supply full details as required, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- The contest may be declared void at the sole discretion of NQPHN. Furthermore, NQPHN reserves the right to cancel this contest at any stage, or change any of the rules or procedures if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- This competition is administered by Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN).
- Winning artworks will be announced in the second week of September (6-10 September 2021) via phone call, email, text, and/or social media.
- Important dates to remember:
- entries open Thursday 3 June 2021
- entries close 11.59pm, Sunday 15 August 2021
- winners announced second week of September (6–10 September 2021).
15 July 2021