First quarter PIP QI
The first quarter for PIP QI is ending soon. Practices have until 15 October 2019 to meet their PIP QI requirements for quarter one.
Practices can provide NQPHN with their practice PIP registration information, for the purposes of practice PIP compliance reporting, here.
PIP Quality Improvement Update July 2019
The Department of Health updated its Practice Incentive Program (PIP) Quality Improvement (QI) incentive guidance on 3 July 2019.
The PIP QI incentive will commence on 1 August 2019.
The incentive is a payment to general practices that participate in quality improvement activities with the goal of improving patient outcomes and delivering best practice care.
To be eligible for a PIP QI payment, a general practice must participate in continuous quality improvement activities with its local Primary Health Network (PHN) and provide the PIP Eligible Data Set to the PHN on a regular basis.
Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) will be providing an online library of quality improvement resources and training materials to support your practice to conduct quality improvement activities.
The four incentives that will cease on 31 July 2019 are:
- Asthma Incentive
- Quality Prescribing Incentive
- Cervical Screening Incentive
- Diabetes Incentive.
More information about the PIP QI requirements, including data governance arrangements, is available on the Department of Health’s PIP QI website: http://bit.ly/PIP-QI-incentive-guidance
- Practices will be able to register for the PIP QI incentive via HPOS from 1 August 2019 using their Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account.
- If practices are not already participating in the NQPHN Data Program, contact your local PHN office to request a data sharing agreement.
- Ensure you have the most recent version of CAT4 and Scheduler installed to ensure your de-identified data is submitted to the PHN. Use this link to book an installation appointment pencs.com.au/support/online-booking/
NQPHN will provide further information as it is released.
Quality improvement resources and training materials
Watch the Train IT Medical PIP QI introductory video here.
1. Are you PIP QI ready? Download the practice checklists here.
Are you PIP QI ready? Click on the links below to download the checklists.
- Checklist for QI data exchanging PIP practices (Segment 1)
- Checklist for QI data exchanging non-PIP practices (Segment 2)
- Checklist for Non-data exchanging PIP practices (Segment 3)
- Checklist for Accredited, non-data exchanging, non-PIP practices (Segment 4)
Do you need help applying for PIP QI? Download the ‘how to’ guide here.
2. Ensure you are using the current version of CAT4?
Are you on the most recent version of CAT4?
Updating CAT4 will give you access to new reports and filters and ensures all features and data submissions works correctly.
To check if you are on the most recent version of CAT4 simply log in and click Tools > Check for Updates
3. Department of Health documents
4. Data improvement work plan, user guide, and progress report
5. Primary care data education materials
A range of resources are available at:
CAT4 and Topbar webinar
The below webinar teaches practices how to use CAT4 and Topbar to improve the quality of their data for demographic information and accreditation standards.
Watch the webinar here >> https://youtu.be/WElJo6vFIkM
Watch the PenCS webinars here >> www.pencs.com.au/support/webinars
Click on the links below to read previous newsletters from NQPHN regarding PIP QI. If you have not received these emails, click here to subscribe.
- Practice Incentive Program Quality Improvement (PIP QI): Update July 2019
(11 July 2019)
- Practice Incentive Program Quality Improvement (PIP QI): Update August 2019
(2 August 2019)
- PIP QI Practice Setup – Submit your PIP Practice Identifier
(2 September 2019)
- Practice Incentive Program Quality Improvement (PIP QI): Update October 2019
(4 October 2019)