Northern Queensland PHN’s Practice Support Team provides a wide range of support to general practices, including general practitioners, practice employed nurses, practice managers and practice staff, as well as other primary care providers to promote multi-disciplinary care and optimal clinical outputs.
NQPHN aims to improve the quality of care provided to patients by providing information and assistance on accreditation, Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) and the use of MBS item numbers, Practice Incentive Payments (PIP), systems management, immunisation, specialised health areas and business management resources.
The Practice Support and Capacity Building Program aim is to:
- Improve access to Quality Improvement resources and activities
- Build the capacity of general practice to collect and collate de identified clinical data for resources management and enhance patient service delivery
- Workforce development and training
- Facilitate the advancement of general practice
- Provide all practice staff with education and networking opportunities
- Provide all practice staff up-to-date and relevant information
- Support the adoption and implementation of eHealth initiatives
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of practice systems
- Promote illness prevention
- Create linkages between GPs, Specialists and Allied Health Professionals
- Access Government initiatives
- Support for Practice Accreditation
- Chronic Disease Management Information and support.
Our Practice Support Team is your first point of contact with NQPHN. The Team will either directly assist with your enquiry or guide you appropriately.
Support can be provided via on-site practice visits, webinar, phone, email, fax and post.
On-site assistance can be one-on-one or in small groups at a time that suits the practice.
If you would like to speak to our Practice Support Team, please contact your nearest NQPHN office.