The Australian Government Department of Health has information about protecting yourself and others from COVID-19. Novel coronavirus is transmitted from person to person, usually when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Transmission may occur from contaminated surfaces, so it is important to frequently wash your hands.
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs – view the how to wash and dry hands fact sheet and the how to clean hands using an alcohol-based liquid or hand rub fact sheet
- covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- avoiding contact with anyone who has symptoms such as fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath
- staying 1.5 metres away from people.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- If you need to visit a GP, ring beforehand.
- If you are feeling really unwell, call an ambulance on Triple Zero (000).
For more details on how to protect yourself and others, click here to view recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO).
28 SepLive webcast 28/09/2021 7.00pm- 8.30pm Online Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, Aged care workers, Health workers, Nurse practitioners, Nurses, Primary care nurses, Primary Health Nurses